PLEASANT RIDGE CEMETERY
17666 VALENTINE ROAD, MOUNT VERNON, WA 98273
2015 MEMORIAL DAY CELEBRATON
Please join us once again on Monday, May 25th as we honor our loved ones. The celebration will begin at 9:00 and lasts about 45 minutes. The retired Marine Corp league will present an American flag ceremony, Janna Gage will share a brief historical tale, La Conner cubscouts will perform the flag raising ceremony and there will be a musical offering. The Commissioners will be available for questions or concerns as well. Limited seating is available. All are welcome!
There are many plots currently available for purchase. Residents of the Skagit Cemetery District may purchase lots for $300.00. Non-residents are charged $600.00.
Cemetery regulations currently allow one burial and two cremations on a single plot.
Contact Commissioner Curt Buher for more information at 360-466-3141 or email@example.com
A BRIEF HISTORY:
Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, the oldest cemetery in Skagit County, Washington, is located two and one half miles east of the town of La Conner, on a promontory of land in the Skagit River delta known as Pleasant Ridge. This steep island of rock and trees lies in a northwest/southeast direction and is three and three-quarter miles long and one and one-quarter mile wide. It was once surrounded by saltwater marshes. Today Pleasant Ridge is surrounded by rich farmland on three sides and by the North Fork of the Skagit River on the south end. Pleasant Ridge Cemetery is located on high ground on the north end of this promontory at 17666 Valentine Road. The first portion of the cemetery to be used is closest to Valentine Road inside the welcoming archway. It contains the graves of many of Skagit County’s earliest pioneers The Pleasant Ridge Cemetery has been managed and controlled by Skagit County Cemetery District 1 since 1956. There are approximately 2,500 people buried in the cemetery, over 200 of them are military veterans. The cemetery district provides lawn and monument care and the purchase of burial sites. They have also held an annual Memorial Day service at the cemetery since before 1892 when it was known as Decoration Day.